“E-commerce is dead” – that’s what my friend told me recently. “Why do you think so?” – I asked. “Omni-channel will replace current online sales and change the game” – he responded. OK, something new is hot in discussion. That’s why I decided to read more about this trend and see, whether it might be danger for e-commerce.
Let’s start with some theory
Omni-Channel Retailing is the evolution of multi-channel retailing, but is concentrated more on a seamless approach to the consumer experience through all available shopping channels, i.e. mobile internet devices, computers, brick-and-mortar, television, radio, direct mail, catalog and so on. Retailers are meeting the new customer demands by deploying specialized supply chain strategy software.
As you can see Omni-Channel goes beyond e-commerce in many ways. But to be honest e-commerce is a part of omni-channeling. It’s included as one of channels.
Words you should remember here: multichannel, mobile devices, software, Big Data
Advantage over e-commerce
- You follow the customer and let him buy in real shop, serving as an advisor
- You can collect information about customer who is offline
- You can promote local offers to the buyer
- People can get discount while shopping in specific local shop and you gain new customer
- People have access to all information about the product, while shopping in physical store
and more…read the reports included below to understand, how important it is to join this revolution.
What market data are telling us?
At Divante we follow trends, that’s why we analysed how such multi-channeling might help you sell more products. We prepared a nice slideshare for you (Omni-channel and beacons)
- 77% of consumers prefer email for permission-based promotional messaging
- 39% of retailers used in-store signage to convert customers to digital
- 44% of retailers do email acquisition at point-of-purchase
- 8 in 10 smartphone shoppers use mobile in-store to help with shopping
Below you can see, how to use beacons in Omni-channel to increase your revenue.