There are not so many themes built for Magento 2 yet, not to mention free ones. That’s why F2would be a lifesaver for any online store owner who has chosen to migrate to the new version of this e-commerce platform.
But do you need to update your store immediately? Let’s just say, the earlier you get acquainted with the new Magento, the less painful will be the transfer. That’s why, even if you are not planning to update your store in the near future, it’s better to know what is waiting for you anyway.
Below is a short overview of the most exciting features for both developers and end users. We believe it should help you decide, whether to update, or not.
- Faster and more scalable. Magento 2 has proven to be twice (sometimes even thrice) faster in comparison with its predecessor. It comes with a full page caching, which reduces the number of database queries and therefore, boosts the load speed.
It is also able to withstand more simultaneous queries to the same database table by reducing table locking, which was a self-inflicted mini DDoS-apocalypse for Magento 1.x users.
- Modern technologies under the hood. Magento 2 is built with the help of HTML5, CSS3 and LESS preprocessor. Its developers have fully renovated the code, got rid of obsolete plugins, and cleaned up the mess left after the previous versions. The new Magento is clean and optimized for modern browsers and devices.
- Better checkout process. Your customers will experience more fluent and intuitive checkout, comparing to Magento 1.x.
- New file structure. Magento 2 provides a smarter file structure with every module having its own View directory, which significantly simplifies module development.
- This list is growing with every update. Magento 2 is a new platform, and most of its features are yet to come. It is already better that 1.x in menu respects, and with hundreds of native themes and extensions the choice will be obvious for everyone.
Now let’s dig deeper into this theme to reveal its ins and outs. Our spotlight starts with the most visible part of every digital product – the design of its frontend.
The homepage of F2 is image-rich and captivating. In the top you can see a page-sized slider, which is a smart way to present your top products to your least patient visitors (as they don’t have to go anywhere, or even to scroll down the page to see the offers).
Large image blocks intersperse with clean lightweight carousel sliders, visually distinguishing each part of the layout.
This layout is used for category pages and search results. It provides such display settings as grid and list views, sorting by position, name and price, and the number of products per page.
It features a convenient left sidebar with various filters. Those include: year, color, material, price, season, and size.
Click HERE to read the full article!